Today is the first Sunday Supper of 2014! We’re “Slowly Bringing in the New Year” with a roundup of great recipes for your slow cooker. Thank you to Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writing for hosting! I’m going to make a valiant attempt to use mine more often this year, especially for soups and stews. I’m also going almost 100% vegetarian this year, with the exception of seafood. I found this recipe for Pumpkin, Chickpea and Lentil Stew and immediately decided to make it. Not only is it exactly what I needed for today’s theme, but it works perfectly into my new eating regime.
Baking with pumpkin is fun, but cooking with it is even better. I just love all varieties of winter squash; I had my share of butternut squash recipesthroughout the last month or so, but there was nowhere near enough pumpkin! I made pumpkin bread, chocolate chai pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin cookies. I had the sweets covered, but where was the savory?! A savory pumpkin recipe is long overdue, and this Pumpkin, Chickpea and Lentil Stew totally hits the spot!
Ease into 2014 with these great slow-cooker and crock pot ideas from the Sunday Supper Group!
Simmering Soups, Stews, and Side Dishes
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Low-Carb Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Beef, Wine and Mushroom Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Foxes Love Lemons
- Beef Stew from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pot Roast and Portabello Stew from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Slow Cooker Black Bean and Polenta Stew from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Turkey Stew from Magnolia Days
- San Antonio Chunky Chicken Stew from The Weekend Gourmet
- Pumpkin, Chickpea & Lentil Stew from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Slow Cooker Chickpeas from Shockingly Delicious
- Football Sunday Teriyaki Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Apricot Jalapeno Pork Chops from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Vegan Slow Cooker Hoppin’ John from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow Cooker Coffee Glazed Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Honey BBQ Ribs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Jerk Pork from Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Beef Daube Provencal from Momma’s Meals
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore from The Dinner-Mom
- Chicken and Broccoli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tacos de Lengua from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Beans for Tacos from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chinese Chicken from The Ninja Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French Dip Sandwiches from Neighborfood
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.