Are you a Valentine’s Day lover or hater? I’m somewhere in between. I had a Valentine last year and he took me out for a really nice dinner, but truthfully? My favorite Valentine has always been my dad! I know…that’s such a Daddy’s Girl thing to say, but it’s the truth! My Dad has never let me down and he never forgets to send something for Valentine’s Day.
While I don’t need to worry about getting all fancied up for a big VDay date this year, I do love to make Valentine’s Day-themed goodies! Today’s #SundaySupper theme is all about this holiday of looooove. Valentine’s Day Recipes for Two! Thanks to Susan from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen for hosting today’s lovey-dovey #SundaySupper!
Uh…so here comes the hard part. I’m supposed to make something for two people, and then what? Eat it all by myself?! No way. Instead, I simply tried a taste of my creation and proceeded to give it to my good friend Kait and her boyfriend to enjoy. They just celebrated their 3-year anniversary last week. Happy Anniversity you two lovebirds! Special thanks to Kait for letting me photograph this dessert on her pretty countertop, too! 🙂
This is probably more than enough for two, but it’s dessert. And dessert is crucial for Valentine’s Day, so it’s okay to have a little more than a typical serving. 🙂
Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
1/2 box Duncan Hines funfetti cake mix, prepared according to box instructions
1 1 oz. package cheesecake flavored pudding mix
4 oz. sweetened condensed milk
4 oz. fat free Cool Whip
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 small container strawberries, sliced in half
Prepare your cake. Make sure you remember to halve the ingredients called for.Or you can just make the whole cake and save it for later.
In a medium bowl, mix together the pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, cool whip and vanilla. Place in the refrigerator to set for about an hour.
While you’re waiting, slice your strawberries and cut the cake into small cubes.
Arrange at the bottom of a clear glass baking dish. It can be circular or square, whichever you prefer. Once the cheesecake filling has set, spoon it out over top of the cake pieces and use a small spatula to spread evenly. Arrange the sliced strawberries on top. Repeat the layers once more. You will more than likely have leftover cake and strawberries, but not the filling. Feel free to make another layer of just the cake and strawberries if you’d like!
Keep refrigerated until you’re ready to serve.
Happy Valentine’s Day from our #SundaySupper table to yours!
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.