Unless you have been living under a rock, you are aware that today is Super Bowl Sunday! Tonight around 6pm, the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos will fight to the finish – in New Jersey! Why on earth someone thought it would be a good idea to have Jersey host the game is beyond me. It’s February. It’s freezing. It’s probably even snowing. I feel bad for those guys. I hope someone has a really huge vat of hot chocolate waiting for them post-game, and seat warmers while they’re out onthe field, and … well, you get the picture.
Anyway, thankfully we can all celebrate game day from the comfort of our own warm homes (or a bar) and not have to deal with the harsh winter weather outdoors. And what better way to celebrate than with an entire list of amazing recipes perfect for any viewing party. Sunday Supper is bringing your Super Eats for Game Day hosted by Heather of Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks. This is seriously one of the most mouth-watering compilation of recipes I’ve ever seen. I want everything. On a plate. Right now.
I usually gravitate toward the salty things: chips and dips are my weakness and probably most of yours, too. All that salt is going to make us eventually crave something sweet, right? By the end of the night, after we’ve all had our fill of chicken wings, potato skins, jalapeno poppers and whatever else, a big ooey-gooey Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownie sounds pretty awesome, doesn’t it? Think sweet graham cracker crust, triple chocolate fudge brownie, and a top layer of marshmallows that have been burnt just enough to remind of you of a campfire roast.
I cheated a little bit and used boxed brownie mix. But who cares? This is the ULTIMATE brownie mix, with triple the chocolate flavor. Chocolate mix, with chocolate melt-away chips, and Hershey’s dark chocolate fudge. Game Day is all about indulgence, right? So live a little… Who cares how many slices of pizza you’ve already scarfed down or that plate of nachos you basically licked clean! There’s always room for dessert, especially when it’s a Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownie!
Psst…I did do you a favor and used coconut oil instead of butter or vegetable oil. So hey, there is a little bit of healthiness to these brownies!
Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownie
1¼ cup Keebler Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1 box Betty Crocker Ultimate Fudge Brownie mix
¼ cup water
¼ cup coconut oil
2 cups mini marshmallows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 glass baking dish and set aside.
In a bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted coconut oil. Press the graham cracker mix into the prepared pan and evenly cover the bottom of the dish. Bake for about 5 minutes or so just to get the crust to set.
Make the brownies according to the package directions. All you need to do is use an electric mixer to mix the mix (and Hershey’s fudge), egg, water and oil until everything is well combined. Pour the brownie batter over top of the graham cracker crust. Bake for 40 minutes. At this point, you’ll test your brownies with a toothpick and it may not come out clean. That’s okay; take them out anyway. You want these to be a little underdone, trust me. It’s what makes them so rich and moist.
Switch your oven to the Broil setting. Cover the top of the brownies with the mini marshmallows. Broil on High for about 2-3 minutes. Make sure you do not walk away from the oven! These marshmallows will get toasty very quickly, so you’ll want to keep an eye on them. As soon as they reach the amount of brownness that you’d like, take them out. As tempting as they are, let the brownies cool completely before cutting.
See what Game Day with #SundaySupper is all about!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Mama’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach Dip Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Puffs from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmegiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Popcorn-Crusted Chicken Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Vegan Puppy Chow from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Sesame Honey Sticks from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?