Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Chocolate Lover’s Bundt Cake is a chocoholic’s dream dessert. It’s filled with chocolate cake mix, chocolate chips, Hershey’s dark cocoa powder and topped with a chocolate ganache. That’s four kinds of chocolate in one dessert. There’s also a special fall-inspired ingredient to add a little extra bump of flavor: pumpkin spiced pudding mix!
Happy Labor Day! I hope your day is filled with good times with friends and family and lots of yummy food. Hopefully someone made a chocolate cake. If not, you may need to excuse yourself for a bit to make this Chocolate Lover’s Bundt Cake. Believe me, your Labor Day celebration will not be complete until you’ve had four kinds of chocolate all in one bite of dessert. Chocolate cake mix, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and chocolate ganache — am I crazy or am I crazy? Right now, chocolate lovers everywhere are licking their lips, wiping the drool from their mouths, and itching for a slice of this Chocolate Lover’s Bundt Cake.
But chocolate isn’t the only thing that gives this cake such amazing flavor. Being that today is September 1st and Labor Day, it basically means fall is here, and as any well-trained food blogger knows, that means the world is about to get bombarded with PUMPKIN. As soon as September hits we all go pumpkin-crazy (although some of you started early this year!). I added Pumpkin Spice pudding mix and a pinch of Pumpkin Pie Spice to this chocolatey batter for an extra kick of flavor and a big Welcome! to fall. The subtle hint of allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg shines just enough to give a slight nod to pumpkin pie without taking anything away from the rich, chocolately flavor.
This Chocolate Lover’s Bundt Cake is supremely moist because of the pudding mix and milk used in the batter. It practically melts in your mouth. It took all of my willpower not to lick the ganache right off the top of the cake. It glistens and screams “EAT ME” to anyone who glances its way. I have never made ganache before and found a super easy way to make it on the Food Network website. You don’t even need to use the stovetop! Melt the heavy cream in the microwave, dump in the chocolate chips and let them sit for a minute or two, then blend it up and you’ve got that perfect thick, creamy, chocolately consistency of every great ganache.
This is a lot of chocolate, which is why it’s the perfect dessert to bring to this month’s #ChocolateParty! This isn’t just any chocolate party, it’s the 2nd anniversary! Anyone can join the party. Bring your favorite chocolate dessert to Roxana’s home baking #chocolateparty and win amazing prizes from Imperial Sugar®, Gold Medal Flour®, Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs and KitchenAid®. I’m so excited to share my Chocolate Lover’s Bundt Cake with all my fellow chocolate-fiends!
- For the cake:
- 1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. instant pumpkin pie spice pudding mix
- 3 tbps Hershey's unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1¾ cups skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. chocolate chips
- For the ganache:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan generously with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, cocoa powder, skim milk and eggs in a bowl and mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To make the ganache, heat heavy cream in a microwave safe glass for 4 minutes. Make sure to cover the glass so the liquid does not splatter.
- Add chocolate chips to the heated cream and let sit 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use an immersion blender (or pour into a regular blender) and blend until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Let cake cool completely between pouring ganache over top.