Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
There’s a new PB&J sandwich in town! These PB&J Banana Bread Sandwiches are bursting with flavors of peanut butter and banana. Strawberry-banana-pineapple jam is sandwiched between two layers of these delicious bread. This is a PB&J sandwich you’ll never forget.
Another #leftoversclub recipe made and out the door before the end of the month! I’m on a roll. I always seem to leave these things to the last minute, but when I made those White Chocolate PB & Banana Bites for this past week’s #SundaySupper, I had an idea and I knew I had to roll with it. Enter PB&J Banana Bread Sandwiches! That white chocolate peanut butter banana bread was too delicious to only have once. So I made a second loaf, sliced it up, smeared some super delicious strawberry-banana-pineapple jam in between the two halves and called it a sweet, sweet day.
The jam was given to me by Marnely from Cooking with Books. She sent me a whole package full of delicious items from Martha’s Vineyard because I won a giveaway on her site. Lucky me! =)
Anyway, I knew this jam would be the perfect complement to peanut butter banana bread. What better way to jazz up a PB&J sandwich than with some strawberry-banana-pineapple jam?! I bet every kid in America would jump outta their cafeteria stool screaming with joy if they opened up their lunchbox and saw one of these PB&J Banana Bread Sandwiches staring back at them. These are so much more than a PB&J sandwich. You’ll understand after you take the first bite and you can’t help yourself from stuffing the rest in your mouth without even thinking about the fact that you need room to chew. It’s just that good. Believe me.
Elizabeth from Cooking with Milton gets to experience them firsthand! She was my partner for this month’s #leftoversclub and boy did she get lucky! I’ve known Elizabeth for a while now through our monthly #leftoverclub posts and she always brings such great things to the table. I’m kind of in love with one of her most recent recipes, Summer Tomato and Zucchini Pie. And the Almond Butter Thumbprints with Espresso Chocolate Truffles she made for last month’s #leftoversclub?! OMG. They sound in-freaking-credible! I hope Elizabeth enjoys these PB&J Banana Bread Sandwiches.
And since school has started, you should probably go make these for your kid’s lunch tomorrow. It’ll totally earn you the “Best Parent of the Year” award.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- a jar of your favorite flavor jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together sugar, egg, vanilla and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add banana and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add flour and continue mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool completely before cutting. Cut into 12 even slices.
- Spread jam onto six of the slices and top each with another slice to make six sandwiches.
Join The Leftovers Club and trade goodies with other bloggers every month! Check out what the rest of the #LeftoversClub crew sent all over the world this time.