Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Cravings. We all have them. Some people strictly crave sweets and others like the saltier things in life. Me? I go back and forth. Most of the time I crave a combination of both, but when a specific craving hits — it hits hard. If my sweet tooth decides to make an appearance, I know I better make room for something seriously decadent to come through, usually in the form of the one and only — Chocolate. Chocolate is front and center of these rich, gooey, dense fudge-like brownies topped with a dark chocolate ganache and studded with hot chocolate flavored Milky Ways. Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie totally satisfied my chocolate cravings, and I’m 100% positive it’ll take care of yours too.
I’m not the only one with a craving — the #SundaySupper crew has plenty. That’s our theme for the week, Year End Cravings. We’re sharing recipes for things we have been craving all year long and are finally getting a chance to indulge. For our last #SundaySupper post of the year, we are going all out. Thank you to today’s host, Cindy of Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
I can never pass up holiday-themed candies. I found Gingerbread Twix and Hot Chocolate Milky Ways at CVS the other day and snatched them up. Immediately my mind starting going in a million directions thinking of all the ways I could use them. When I was putting them away, a bag of marshmallows fell out of the cabinet, hitting me in the head and knocking an idea right into it! Marshmallows and hot chocolate are like the All American Couple. Or is that peanut butter and chocolate? Okay, so we have more than one All American Couple in the food world. Whatever. Marshmallows + Hot Chocolate = Heaven. Hot chocolate is something I always think about making but never do. It’s one of those cravings that I don’t even know I have until the smell of warm chocolate is wafting through the kitchen and I see little marshmallows bobbing around in a full mug.
Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie makes the rest of the brownies you made this year look amateur. Even the ones you made from scratch. Because, yes, I admit it. I cheated and used a boxed mix — but that’s only because there was dark chocolate ganache to be made and lots of little Hot Chocolate Milky Ways to unwrap. Sometimes short cuts are acceptable, and this is one of those times! Plus, boxed mixes are pretty freaking delicious, especially when you get all crazy with the rest of the ingredients in your dessert.
I baked the brownies in a 9-inch spring form cake pan to give it a pie-look, and sliced it up into slivers. I promise, a sliver is all you need. The brownie base to these Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie is suuuuuuper rich, not to mention covered with a generous layer of ganache and LOADED with lots of chopped up Milky Way.
There are three days left in 2014 — please make this Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie before you start on your healthy eating kick come next week.
- 1 box of your favorite fudge brownies (or make your own if you want!)
- 2 dark chocolate baking bars
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 bag of Mini Hot Chocolate Milky Ways
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Prepare brownies according to the box instructions. Bake in a 9-inch round spring-form pan.
- While brownies are cooling, make the ganache. Break up the chocolate bars into pieces and put into a deep heat-proof bowl.
- Heat heavy cream on the stove over medium-high heat until it begins to simmer.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let sit for 1-2 minutes. Use an immersion blender to pulse until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the ganache over the brownies and immediately line the edge with the Milky Ways.
- Chop up the rest of the Milky Ways and sprinkle the pieces and the mini marshmallow all over the center of the brownie
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
And you’ve got to check out the rest of my #SundaySupper friends’ recipes too!
Comfort Food Cravings
- Beef Tenderloin Citrus Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Chunky Beef Chili from MealDiva
- Cowboy Candy and Cream Cheese from Rhubarb and Honey
- Creamy Veggie and Chip Dip from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Golabki (Polish Cabbage Rolls) from Healthy. Delicious.
- Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lightened and Loaded Potato Soup from Momma’s Meals
- Prime Rib Roast from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Roasted Cashews & Walnuts with Honey and Herbs from Delaware Girl Eats
- Russian Black Bread from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Cheese Stromboli from Casa de Crews
- Steak and Eggs from Nosh My Way
- Steak Tartare from The Texan New Yorker
- Swiss Onion Bread from The Foodie Army Wife
Quench Your Thirst Cravings
- Crab Artichoke Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mussels in Coconut Broth with Garlic Toasts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Seafood Scampi from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Cravings
- Apple Bundt Cake from Pancake Warriors
- Dark Chocolate Potato Chip Fudge from Nik Snacks
- Dulce de Leche Rice Krispy Treats from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lower-Sugar Carrot Cake Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Maple Syrup Creme Brule from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mint Infused Deep Dish Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Paleo Pound Cake from NinjaBaker
- Pizzelle from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Sweet Potato Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement