Hi! I’m Shaina — the brains behind Take A Bite Out of Boca. I’m here to share all my foodie adventures with you as I sip and savor my way through South Florida. The food scene has taken South Florida by storm and I’m so excited to be part of such a great community. You can find me at just about every food and wine festival and tasting event in the area, and I always make sure to check out the latest and greatest when it comes to our local restaurants and bars.
I’ve got recipes for all sorts of yummy things too. I admit, I’ve got a little bit of a sweet tooth so you’ll find lots of cookies, cakes, and brownies (but some are pretty healthy!) I love to make appetizers and tapas-style plates, and use lots and lots of veggies. I’m a Pescatarian, so don’t expect to find very many meaty dishes on here, except for the occasional guest posts and some recipes do include poultry.
As a food blogger, my life sorta revolves around food (duh). I’ve got to strike a balance if I don’t want to gain a zillion pounds, so I’m pretty adamant about my fitness routine. It’s important to me to stay fit and in shape. As contradictory as it seems, Food and Fitness are my two biggest passions!
Take A Bite Out of Boca began in December 2011 after I moved from Egg Harbor Twp., NJ to Boca Raton, FL. I just needed a change, you know? I moved down here — no job, no real plan — nothing but the love and support of my family who lives here. Living with my Bubby gave me the opportunity to spend my unemployed afternoons watching Food Network and cooking dinner with her at night, learning all of her little tricks along the way. Food became more and more interesting to me, and pretty soon I found myself connecting with groups of food bloggers and other local foodies, each one of us sharing our mutual love of some seriously good grub.
- Named one of 2016’s Top 13 Boca Raton Area Food Instagram Accounts to Follow
- Named one of 2016’s Top 12 Gulf Coast Food Blogs
- Boca Raton Magazine Contributor
- Boca Life Magazine’s Summer issue, “Stars of the Summer“
- South Beach Wine and Food Festival, February 2015, 2016
- Vanilla Week – February 2015
- Food and Wine Conference Brand Ambassador 2015, 2016
- BlogHer Food ’14 Conference, May 2014
- Blogger Brunch Week – May 2013, 2014, 2015 (Co-host)
- Taste of the Nation Palm Beach, April 2014, 2015, 2016
- Event Planner/Sous Chef at Publix Aprons Cooking School, March 2013 to February 2014
- South Beach Food and Wine Festival, Analon Cookware Brand Ambassador February 2014
- Entrepreneur Magazine’s GrowthCon January 2014
- Palm Beach Food and Wine Festival, December 2013, 2014
- Participant in the Hodgon Mill’s 3rd Annual ‘Have A Grain Holiday’ Baking Contest, December 2013
- Boca Raton Food and Wine Festival, November 2013
- Bell Pepper Week sponsored by Divemex, October 2013
- Flavors of Boca – February 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Food Blog Forum: Orlando, FL – March 2012
- Boca Bacchanal Grand Tasting – March 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap – December 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Member of the Foodbuzz community
- Publisher on Foodie Blogroll
- Featured blogger on Bloggers and Paperblog
- Featured on Gallo Family Vineyards and Bob’s Red Mill
- Community Table Contributor