Happy 2nd Birthday, Sunday Supper! To celebrate, we’re all gathering to talk about our favorite Sunday Supper moment. For me, it was when I made these Dark Chocolate Covered Cake Batter Truffles. They were for the “We’ve Got You Covered” theme, which I loved just because of how clever it was, and it was open to so many different interpretations. I also just really freaking loved these truffles. Everyone who tried one went back for a second…and most likely snuck a third when I wasn’t looking. My roommates, their family and friends, my friends, and even my parents got to experience these amazing Dark Chocolate Covered Cake Batter Truffles.
You always need dessert when you’re celebrating a birthday, especially a birthday as special as Sunday Supper’s! I didn’t want to make the same truffle again, though, so this time I made them a bit more festive by using Funfetti Cake Mix and I coated them with rainbow sprinkles, gold sprinkles, powdered sugar, and crushed Hershey’s chocolate. Because what’s a birthday without sprinkles, sugar and chocolate?! I wish we could all get together and celebrate this milestone. Can you imagine what the spread of food and drinks would be like at a Sunday Supper get together? Oy, I can feel the food coma just thinking about it…
Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake is hosting today’s birthday party for our most beloved Sunday Supper. Here’s to many more wonderful years sharing recipes and making memories. Happy Birthday!
They look like cute little Dunkin’ Donuts Munchkins, don’t they?!
Happy Birthday Cake Mix Truffles
1½ cups AP flour
1 cup Pilsbury Funfetti cake mix
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons milk of your choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
Toppings: sprinkles, powdered sugar, crushed chocolate or cocoa powder
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the cake mix, flour and vanilla, and mix until combined. Add milk (you may need to add a drop or two more until it reaches a doughy consistency).
Pour sprinkles onto a large plate and set aside.
Using your hands, roll into small balls and roll in the sprinkles, powdered sugar, or chocolate until completely covered. Arrange on a baking sheet. Place the truffles into the freezer to set for at least 20 minutes. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato and Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.