Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
A sweet and spicy mixture of Asian flavors blend together to make this Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad a cool and refreshing side dish for any meal.
I have a tendency to open my refrigerator, look around, and then throw caution to the wind and just throw a bunch of stuff into a bowl and hope it works. Usually there is also a vegetable involved that’s on its last leg and needs to be used before it goes bad. I hate throwing food away, so I’ll do whatever I can to use up whatever is in my fridge before going out to buy more. This is also part of the single-girl-with-not-much-disposable-income life.
Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad is the byproduct of one of these clean-out-the-fridge nights. A dash of soy, a splash of sesame oil, a pinch of ginger, and a secret ingredient: a little bit of a Beta Immunity Booster Shot from Raw Juce made from carrot, lemon, gala apple, cardamom, ginger and raw honey. I guess that makes this Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad a pretty healthy side dish, huh? I also used some plain fat-free Greek yogurt to thicken up the sauce. These are all pretty serious flavors that will only get better the longer they are left to evolve. Thinly sliced cucumbers and radishes are the perfect vehicle for such a strong marinade.
I was pretty happy with the way this Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad turned out. To tell you the truth, I had no idea if it would taste good. But who am I kidding? It’s soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger. Three of the tastiest ingredients everrrr.
A little sprinkling of sesame seed on top and you are good to go!
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 6-8 baby radishes, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp freshly minced ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of Beta Immunity Booster Shot made with carrot, lemon, gala apple, cardamom, ginger and raw honey*
- ¼ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl, cover with a lid and shake vigorously. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds.