Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Colorful cake mix is used to create this Candy Corn Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, the perfect dessert to celebrate the fall season.
It’s #LeftoversClub time again! We skipped October because, well, things were just getting a little crazy and people needed a little time to regroup. But we’re back and better than ever. There’s only a few of us participating this month, but that’s okay. Quality over quantity!
I found Pillsbury Funfetti Cupcake Mixes while digging around in the baking aisle at Publix one day — I looked down at my hands and realized I was holding the orange and yellow mixes and had a genius idea! Candy Corn Cake! A layer of yellow cake, a layer of orange cake, and a layer of cream cheese frosting topped with candy corn — what a festive way to celebrate the season! My cream cheese frosting is super simple to make, and even more delicious to eat. All it takes is a block of cream cheese and a few tablespoons of powdered sugar. That’s it! Two ingredients. Two minutes of mixing. Does it get any easier?
I wanted to send my sister something at school and these fun Candy Corn-inspired treats would do the trick. But after making three batches of mini cupcakes for her and her friends to enjoy, I still had batter leftover. So, Elizabeth, your #LeftoversClub dessert truly is from LEFTOVERS! I didn’t know what I was going to make for this month’s swap and was kind of stressing over it. How convenient that there was plenty of batter left to make a loaf cake!
I love when things work themselves out.
- 1 package Pillsbury Funfetti Orange All Star Cupcake & Cake Mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 package Pillsbury Funfetti Neon Yellow Cupcake & Cake Mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 8 oz. package reduced fat cream cheese
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- candy corn
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13 loaf pan and set aside.
- Prepare the cake mixes in separate bowls.
- Pour the yellow batter about halfway up the loaf pan and use an offset spatular to smooth.
- Pour the orange batter, filling the loaf pan almost to the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick placed into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Add cream cheese and powdered sugar to a medium bowl and use an electric hand mixer to blend together until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cake has completed cooled, use a spatula to spread the cream cheese frosting over the entire top of the cake. Arrange candy corn however you'd like.
Want to join in on all the #LeftoversClub fun? It’s easy. Just go to The Leftovers Club website and sign up!