Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Is there anything better than biting into a thick piece of Peppermint Bark during the holidays? Candy Cane and M&M Peppermint Bark is even better! Chocolate on the bottom, followed by a thick layer of white chocolate and topped with crushed candy canes, peppermint candies, or in this case…Peppermint White Chocolate M&Ms!
My absolute favorite thing to make during the holidays is Peppermint Bark. It’s one of the easiest, most delicious treats to put together and everyone loves it. It’s great for setting out at your upcoming holiday parties, gift giving, and for nibbling on whenever that sweet tooth gets a craving. Chocolate purists may scoff at me for admitting how much I love white chocolate — you all know it really is not chocolate in any way, right? Oh well. I don’t care, it’s still delicious and a must for ANY Peppermint Bark recipe. It’s just not Peppermint Bark without that super sweet slab of white chocolate sandwiched between melted semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips and all the crushed peppermint yumminess you can find.
And boy did I hit the jackpot! Peppermint White Chocolate M&Ms — have you had these yet?! Oh My. If you thought the Candy Corn White Chocolate M&Ms were good, then you are going to fall head over heels for these babies. I found them at Target and may have done a little happy dance in the aisle when I spotted them out of the corner of my eye. Target is always my go-to for holiday-themed ingredients and fun baking supplies. I threw a whole bunch of these Peppermint White Chocolate M&Ms all over my Candy Cane and M&M Peppermint Bark Peppermint Bark. I used crushed candy canes too, of course. Just like white chocolate is a key component of Peppermint Bark, so are candy canes.
Peppermint can be a little overwhelming sometimes. A little can definitely go a long way, so it’s understandable when someone says they aren’t a huge peppermint fan. I, on the other hand, welcome this flavor bomb with open arms and hold on wayyy too tight. What can I say? I love me some peppermint!
If you are still racking your brain trying to figure out what to give to your neighbors, the mailman, your kids’ teachers/coaches, etc, you need to calm down and make a couple batches of Candy Cane and M&M Peppermint Bark. Wrap it up in cute little cellophane bags, tie them with a bow and you are all set — the perfect gift!
- 3 bars semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 3 bars white baking chocolate
- 3 regular sized candy canes
- 1 cup Peppermint White Chocolate M&Ms
- Use aluminum foil to cover a baking sheet, making sure to go up and over the sides as well.
- Melt the chocolate bars one at a time in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread as much as you can without making it too thin — about ⅛-inch.
- Place in the freeze for 20-30 minutes to harden.
- Place your candy canes in a food processor to break up. Do not pulse them completely; you still want there to be some little chunks.
- Right before taking out the chocolate, place your white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Take out the chocolate-covered baking sheet and pour the white chocolate over top, covering the chocolate. Do not spread as thin as the chocolate, keep the white chocolate layer about ¼-inch thick.
- Immediately top with crushed candy canes and M&Ms.
- Place back in the freezer for at least an hour to set.