Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
There’s nothing like biting into a warm, chewy oatmeal cookie — even better when that bite introduces you to a pop of pumpkin spice! Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies will be your new favorite fall cookie, I guarantee it!
I told you I wasn’t done with pumpkin yet! Those pumpkin and cinnamon morsels I told you about yesterday? These Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies are filled with them! I totally forgot I bought these yummy little chips back in September when Target first put out all their Halloween baking ingredients. I was going through the cabinets looking for a few things and the bag jumped out at me, begging me to bake something with them. How could I say no? It was time to make my goodies for #LeftoversClub anyway!
The cookie dough base is simple — a mixture of brown and white sugar, flour, butter, egg, vanilla and of course oats. I did “healthify” the recipe a bit by using white whole wheat flour and Sugar In The Raw instead of regular old white granulated sugar. I added lots of pumpkin pie spice and the entire bag of Nestle Tollhouse Pumpkin Spice Morsels. Seriously, these things are INSANE. I have no idea if its still available in stores, but if it is you just have to go out and buy it. Like right now. I don’t mind that you stop reading, it’s okay — just go! The bag describes them as “pumpkin flavored morsels with cinnamon and spices.” Uh, hello?! Why didn’t you leave yet???
You need these because you need to make Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies.
I sent these cookies over to my partner, Naina from Stir/Crazy. Naina’s blog is beautiful. Just look at this photography! Now that I have my Rebel T3I, I am so much more attuned to looking at everyone’s photos for inspiration and ideas. Hers is becoming a go-to! I can practically taste this Fresh Berry Tart with Mascarpone Cream right through my laptop screen. Yum! I hope Naina enjoys pumpkin spice as much as I do — because these Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies are drowning in it!
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies #LeftoversClub
There's nothing like biting into a warm, chewy oatmeal cookie — even better when that bite introduces you to a pop of pumpkin spice! Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies will be your new favorite fall cookie, I guarantee it!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups oats
- 1 bag Nestle Tollhouse Pumpkin Spice Morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients. Add the oats and continue to mix until well combined.
- Fold in ¾s of the bag of pumpkin spice morsels with a rubber spatula.
- Use your hands to roll each ball into 2-inch balls and use the palm of your hand to flatten them.
- Evenly disperse the remaining morsels on the tops of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool completely to avoid crumbling.
Check out what everyone made this month, and sign up HERE so you can join in for the next round!