Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Give your Chex™ Mix a makeover with this Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Party Mix. Filled with three different kinds of Chex™ cereals, lots of chocolate, coconut and marshmallows, this is the ultimate party mix.
Um, forgive me for this post three days into the new year, when you’re all gung ho for healthy and light recipes. I should have posted this back during the holidays as evidenced by my serving bowl and Christmas tree in the background, but it kind of got swept under the rug… or rather, packaged up in little bags, tied with string and sent out to various f riends and family. This stuff is goooooood.
Chex™ Mix is like the ultimate snack food with an endless varieties of flavors. The Traditional snack mix has always been my favorite. I can polish off a bag in no time. It’s my airport snack of choice. There’s Chex™ popped (White Chocolate is OH-EM-GEE delicious!) and Muddy Buddies (way too addicting) and now there’s even a line of Gluten-Free cereals and oatmeals. Are you a cereal lover? Cereal reminds me of being a kid, watching Saved By The Bell before headed down the street to the bus stop. I have never been one to enjoy cereal for lunch, dinner or dessert — it’s always been breakfast. It’s time to break free from the normal cereal-is-for-breakfast mindset and think about other fun things to do with it.
I know! Let’s throw in chocolate, coconut, cinnamon and marshmallows and make Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex™ Party Mix! I’m such a genius.
Mexican Hot Chocolate refers to a kicked-up version of the classic hot chocolate flavor. Sometimes it’ll include a little bit more heat, but this recipe — courtesy of Chex™ Party Mix’s awesome collection of recipes — simply adds lots of yummy cinnamon. Oh, and cinnamon is good for you! So now you can’t completely hate me for giving you dessert when all you want to think about is salad and vegetables and fat free this and that.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex™ Party Mix is a fun snack to have out at parties or even when you’re just relaxing home with a movie. Like I said — ultimate snack food!
- 2 cups Vanilla Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- Measure out the cereal into a large microwavable bowl.
- Heat butter and chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and heat for another 30-60 seconds or until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring each minute.
- Mix in the coconut and marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture onto a lined baking pan to cool.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by Chex™ Party Mix through Plateful Co-Op. I received compensation and free product for this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.