Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
7 Layer Bark is layer upon layer of Graham Crackers, Pretzels, Oreos, Chocolate, and of course Sprinkles — giving you a mouthful of deliciousness in every bite!
Tonight is the biggest night for the Hollywood world. Glitz and glamour will take over our screens as we tune in to The 87th Academy Awards. I have not been to the movies in ages, so unfortunately I really have no idea who or what is up for any of tonight’s awards. But I love the entertainment of it all, and especially love checking out all the Best and Worst Dressed! The Academy Awards, or The Oscars, are a great excuse for throwing a little soiree and treating your guests to award-worthy recipes. And that’s exactly what #SundaySupper is bringing you! We’re having our own Red Carpet Party, hosted by Katie of Ruffles & Truffles!
We’ve all heard of (and eaten our fair share of) 7 Layer Bars. These bars go by many different names — the classic 7 Layer Bars, Magic Bars, Hello Dolly Bars, Gooey Bars. Whatever you want to call them, they are abso-freaking-lutely delicious and deserve a permanent spot in everyone’s easy dessert repertoire. But I’m making things even easier. You don’t even have to turn on your oven to make this 7 Layer Bark! Go ahead and call it Magic Bark if you want, because it is pretty magical, but I’m sticking to a name that says it all. I want everyone to know there are SEVEN layers of incredible treats in this bark.
Golden delicious honey graham crackers line the bottom, followed by salty pretzel squares, then we’ve got lots of broken-up Oreos (you could use any flavor Oreo here for some added oomph), then we crush up graham crackers and sprinkle over top of the Oreos. Then we melt good quality dark chocolate and pour it over all that Graham Cracker-y, Pretzel-y, Oreo-y concoction we’ve got going on and stick it in the freezer to set. Once that layer of chocolate is good and firm, we melt white chocolate and spread it — because melted white chocolate doesn’t really pour as easily as regular chocolate does — as evenly as possible over the dark chocolate. It’s okay if the warm white chocolate melts some of the dark chocolate and cause the colors the mix. It will create a fun swirl of chocolate and no one will argue against that! To top it off, we add colorful sprinkles. Everything is better with sprinkles. Duh.
Are you drooling? I am.
7 Layer Bars hardly take any time at all to make. Quick — go get all your ingredients and make these for your Oscars Red Carpet Party tonight. Make extra to hide in the back of the fridge for later, because I can tell you from experience, there will not be leftovers.
- (Measurements vary depending on how much bark you want to make!)
- Graham Crackers
- Square-shaped pretzels
- Good quality bar of dark chocolate
- Good quality bar of white chocolate
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange the graham crackers on the foil, followed by a layer of pretzels.
- Break up more graham crackers with your hands and sprinkle over the pretzels.
- Melt the dark chocolate bark in a microwave-safe bowl, heating for 30 seconds at a time.
- Pour over top of the crushed graham crackers.
- Break up the Oreos with your hands so they are still rather larger pieces.
- Immediately place the Oreo pieces over the melted chocolate while it is still hot.
- Place in the freezer to set.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl the same way you melted the dark chocolate.
- Take the bark out of the freezer and use a rubber spatula to spread the melted white chocolate on the crushed Oreos.
- Add the sprinkles while the white chocolate is still hot
- Place in the freezer to set for at least an hour.
- Use a mallet (or a hammer) to break up the pieces before serving.
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma’s Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu’s Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
Nominees for Best Course in a Leading Role:
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Nominees for Best Supporting Sips:
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Nominees for Best Delectable Desserts:
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
Nominees for Best Dressed Table:
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.