Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Nothing says I Love You like big juicy strawberries covered in decadent dark chocolate and rolled in sweet shredded coconut. Dark Chocolate and Coconut-Covered Strawberries are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
Are you a Valentine’s Day lover or hater? I’ve only had a real Valentine’s Day date twice in my life — one was great with my boyfriend at the time, but the other one was a total failure with a guy who I’m pretty sure had nothing else to talk about besides his ex-girlfriend. Otherwise, Valentine’s Day has been spent with girlfriends sipping wine and watching chick-flicks, or eating dinner somewhere cheap and fast with my Dad. I specifically remember one Valentine’s Day dinner when the two of us went to IHOP for dinner. He’s never forgotten to send a little something my way. Sometimes it’s a box of chocolates, but other times it’s something super thoughtful — like the necklace he sent the first year I moved to Florida that is engraved, “My little girl yesterday, my friend today, my daughter forever.”
Can you tell I’m a total Daddy’s Girl? I’m proud of it!
Valentine’s Day means it’s time for all things chocolate and hearts and pink and red and lovey-dovey. Heart-shaped cookies are baked, bottles of wine are chilled and dinners at the best restaurants are reserved. But what if you just want to do something quick and easy for your loved ones? Grab a bunch of Driscoll’s Berries, good quality chocolate, sweet coconut flakes and you have all the makings for a super fast, super easy and super delicious dessert perfect to serve to whomever you’d like on Valentine’s Day. Driscoll’s has a ton of creative ideas for your chocolate covered berries but I’m keeping things simple.
I used Driscoll’s strawberries for my dark chocolate and coconut-covered creation and know you will love it! Dark chocolate and coconut is such a tasty combination. Coconut is probably one of my absolute favorite flavors so there was no doubt in my mind I’d be using it for my Valentine’s Day treat.
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow — so if you’re still stuck on what to make for your sweetie, these Dark Chocolate and Coconut-Covered Strawberries are it!
- 1 container fresh strawberries
- 2 good quality dark chocolate bars
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Pour shredded coconut into a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Break up the chocolate bars into a microwavable safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until fully melted.
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate, making sure to knock it on the edge of the bowl to get rid of any excess chocolate.
- Roll the strawberry in the coconut until covered.
- Arrange onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by Driscoll’s Berries on behalf of The Baddish Group. I received product coupons and compensation for this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.