Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
It’s time to break out ALL the rum and those cute little umbrella straws — we’re celebrating National Pina Colada Day! If you want to enjoy the flavors of this tropical drink before happy hour (minus the rum), Pina Colada Overnight Oats is your answer.
Overnight oats are one the easiest and most delicious morning treats. South Florida has an intense heat wave going on and hot breakfasts are the last thing on anyone’s mind. Give me all the cold, fruit-filled, make-me-think-I’m-on-a-tropical-island breakfast foods. I usually opt for a smoothie or acai bowl for breakfast, but when I need something a little heartier, oatmeal is where it’s at. All you need to do to prep your overnight oats is fill up a jar with your ingredients at night and stick it in the refrigerator until the next morning. Then you can simply open the fridge, grab the jar, and go to town!
Pina Colada Overnight Oats gives me that vacation-esque feeling I totally crave in the summer without the morning-after headache from all that excess sugar and rum. Rolled oats are mixed with coconut milk and a dash of coconut extract for a little enhanced coconut flavor, and topped with chopped pineapple and shredded coconut. Super easy. Super delicious. Super cold, creamy, and coconutty. Every morning should start off this yummy.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
- Coconut flakes
- Add oats, coconut milk and coconut extract to a small mason jar and mix together.
- Tightly seal the lid and keep refrigerated overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with diced pineapple and coconut flakes.
The Sunday Supper Tastemakers are getting together for a Pina Colada Party! We’ve got over 40 recipes inspired by the classic Pina Colada cocktail. Everything from pancakes to salad to currys and chickens and plenty of dessert. Thanks to Constance of Cosmopolitan Cornbread for hosting today’s event!
- Coconut Granola Bowla by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.