Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Disclosure: I was invited to participate in the JSL Foods Food Blogger Recipe Challenge. I received complementary product to use for my contest entry. No monetary compensation has been received for this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Say hello to your new favorite sweet and spicy one-pot dinner — Pineapple-Coconut Curry Stir Fry!
Whenever I hear curry, I automatically think of Thai food. Sweet coconut is often the star of many curries and it’s one flavor combination that I will never shy away from. When I was invited to take part in the JSL Foods Food Blogger Recipe Challenge, I had a lot of Fortune Noodle products to choose from to use in my entry. But I had no problems deciding — the new Coconut Curry Rice Noodles basically reached out of the screen and pulled me in close enough to practically taste their deliciousness.
They’d be the perfect ingredient for a stir fry. The noodles are pre-cooked making for super easy prep (only one minute in the microwave to loosen ’em up), made with 100% all natural ingredients, are gluten-free and OU Kosher with no MSG, cholesterol or trans fat.
I immediately thought about two different dishes I’ve had at Thai restaurants: green curry with coconut and veggies, and pineapple-fried rice. Pineapple and coconut are a match made in heaven — or in this case, a match made in my wok. Growing up, I watched my mom use her wok for practically everything. It’s such an easy way to cooking big batches of food, especially stir fries. My mom would love this Pineapple-Coconut Curry Stir Fry. As soon as this posts, I guarantee I get a text from her saying she’s going out to buy the ingredients and make it. The star ingredient here is, of course, JSL Fortune Coconut Curry Rice Noodles. But add diced pineapple, red bell pepper, sweet green peas, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts and you’ve got an easy, one-pot (or one-wok), dinner that comes together in less than 20 minutes. If that doesn’t get you excited, I don’t know what will.
There are plenty more noodle flavors where these came from to make your own stir fry — just follow JSL Foods on Facebook and Twitter to learn all about ’em! You can find JSL food products at Albertson’s and Target.
- 1 7.9 oz bag Fortune Coconut Curry Rice Noodles
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen sweet peas
- ½ cup water
- Pierce the bag of noodles and microwave for one minute. Set aside.
- Heat a small saute pan on medium-high and add coconut and chopped nuts.
- Watch carefully to make sure they don't burn. Remove from heat as soon as they start to brown.
- Heat oil in a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add pineapple, peppers, and peas to the wok and stir fry for 1 minute
- Add the noodles and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut curry flavor packet and ½ cup water and mix all ingredients well.
- Stir fry for about one minute and then cover for another minute to allow sauce to thicken.
- Top with toasted coconut and macadamia nuts when serving.