Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Watermelon and Feta Summer Salad is a cool and refreshing side dish, the perfect summertime salad for entertaining all season long.
It’s summertime and the livin’ is easy, especially in South Florida where pool parties, BBQs and outdoor activities are abundant during this time of year. Sunday Supper is celebrating one of America’s favorite summer pastimes today — PICNICS! Thanks to Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting today’s event. The Sunday Supper Tastemakers are here to help you fill up your picnic baskets with our favorite picnic recipes!
Watermelon has always been one of my favorite summer fruits. It’s a go-to for hot days when all you want is something nice and refreshing to cool you down. This salad is full of ingredients that do just that! Watermelon, cucumber, tomato and avocado… These are all ingredients you probably have in your fridge right now. Plus feta — because feta and watermelon are a match made in heaven. It’s basically fruit-and-cheese combo royalty.
What makes this Watermelon and Feta Summer Salad different from other watermelon and feta salads is the citrusy dressing, made with nothing more than fresh lemon juice, a little coconut oil and stevia. That’s it! It’s a perfect balance between sweet and sour and gives the salad a pop of bright, fresh citrus notes.
As you plan for your picnics this summer, make sure to add this Watermelon and Feta Summer Salad to the menu! Check out the rest of the recipes below from my Sunday Supper friends for more picnic food inspiration.
Best Picnic Recipes to Enjoy at the Park #SundaySupper
Starters, Skewers, and Sandwiches al Fresco
- Antipasto Skewers by Soulfully Made
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Italian Layered Portable Picnic Jars by The Weekend Gourmet
- Low Carb Ham Pinwheels by Cricket’s Confections
- Patatas Brava Chorizo Sausage Rolls by Food Lust People Love
- Refrigerator Pickled Ratatouille Vegetables by My Life Cookbook
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps by The Crumby Kitchen
Stow-and-Go Sides and Salads
- Authentic German Potato Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Broccoli Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marinated Zucchini and Summer Squash by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad by Family Foodie
- Southern Cornbread Salad by Gourmet Everyday
- Summer Quinoa Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon and Avocado Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Whole30 Cauliflower Potato Salad by Bites of Wellness
Drinks and Desserts for Outdoor Dining
- Banana Snack Cake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Hand Pies by Our Good Life
- Cantaloupe Mint Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Cherry Poke Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Caramel Layer Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Cherry No Bake Bars by The Freshman Cook
- Mixed Fruit Drink by Basic N Delicious
- Rice Krispie Sushi by NinjaBaker.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.