Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by BLENDABELLA. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
A sweet and spicy mixture of diced portobello mushrooms mixed with herbs and vegetables, along with sweet potato, baby bok choy and cashews make up this delicious, chilled Coconut Thai Sweet Potato Salad perfect for summer potlucks and BBQs.
Hello, my name is Shaina and I am addicted to Thai flavors. Seriously, I’m almost always in the mood for Thai food and have never met a plate of pad Thai or curry I didn’t like. There’s so much depth to these Asian spices and herbs, and with coconut usually playing a strong role, there is a perfect balance of sweet and spicy to just about every Thai dish. I couldn’t think of a better way to describe this Coconut Thai Sweet Potato Salad. Its main ingredient is a new-to-me product on the market, BLENDABELLA, a deliciously versatile mushroom blend of diced portobellos, herbs and vegetables great for adding to sauces and dips, tossing with pasta, or topping fish, chicken or meat. The Coconut Thai BLENDABELLA is a ready-to-eat mixture of mushrooms, red onion, red pepper, coconut milk, jalapeño, ginger, lemongrass, key lime, and garlic. In addition to this flavorful combination, I roasted sweet potatoes, sauteéd baby bok choy and chopped up cashews.
This is not your typical potato salad. The ingredients are wildly different and there’s no mayonnaise or creamy dressing involved, making it a light, refreshing option for summertime potlucks, BBQs and pool parties. Although I suggest serving it chilled, if you wanted to switch things up and serve it as a hot side dish, it’d be just as delicious.
BLENDABELLA recommends that the Coconut Thai version also be used with noodles or rice, or in veggie lettuce wraps. It’s gluten-free and contains no artificial preservatives. Additional flavors include Zesty Mexican, which is great in salsa, as a taco filling or to mix with eggs; and Rustic Tuscan, perfect for a pizza or pasta topping or served as bruschetta.
I know by now, you’re probably drooling and up to your ears with ideas for all the things you can make with your BLENDABELLA products, so show ’em some love on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and purchase them online.
- 3 medium-large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 4 stalks baby bok choy, chopped
- Sunflower Oil (or your cooking oil of choice)
- Sea Salt
- 1 jar BLENDABELLA Coconut Thai
- 1 cup cashews
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking dish with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Toss diced sweet potato with sunflower oil and salt and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a wok or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped bok choy and cook until soft. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked sweet potato and bok choy with the entire jar of BLENDABELLA Coconut Thai and cashews and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Serve chilled.