Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Shopping through these links helps support my small business. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
You won’t miss the sugar or flour in these Keto Almond Butter Double Chocolate Cookies! Just a few simple swaps are all that’s needed to create these perfectly chocolatey cookies with better-for-you ingredients. Don’t worry if you don’t have everything already in your kitchen — you can order on Amazon!
How To Make Keto Almond Butter Double Chocolate Cookies
Raise your hand if you’ve been in the kitchen a lot more lately? I definitely have. One good thing that has come out of it, is that I’ve started to bake again. I used to love making cookies and brownies on a regular basis — sometimes on the healthier side, and sometimes totally and completely indulgent. My once largely intense sweet tooth has somewhat scaled back over the years, but it creeps back in when things get stressful. I’d say this whole COVID-19 outbreak definitely counts as a stressful situation. Being stuck at home indefinitely is scary, but I’m doing my best to stay calm, and staying home to flatten the curve and stop the spread of Coronavirus.
At least I don’t have to worry about social distancing from these Keto Almond Butter Double Chocolate Cookies. AND, even better, because of social distancing, I don’t have to share them either!
These cookies are perfect. They are fluffy with the most tender crumb. They’re fudgy and rich, chocolatey and decadent — without actually being decadent.
Choosing Your Ingredients
My Keto Almond Butter Double Chocolate Cookies were inspired by one of my favorite recipe bloggers, Ambitious Kitchen. I used her recipe and made two very simple swaps to lessen the amount of sugar used:
- Coconut or Brown Sugar ⇒ MonkSweet Natural Sweetener with Stevia
- Chocolate Chips ⇒ Lily’s Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
I also used these brands for the other ingredients:
- Once Again Natural Creamy Roasted Almond Butter
- Conscious Coconut packets of coconut oil
- Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Premium Baking Cocoa
You’ll also need eggs, baking soda and salt. That’s it! Eight ingredients is all it takes. Click on the links to purchase any of these items from Amazon, and you’ll be on your way to baking a batch of Keto Almond Butter Double Chocolate Cookies in no time!
- 1 cup natural creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- ½ cup monkfruit or stevia-based sweetener
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup stevia-sweetened, vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond butter, coconut oil, sweetener and eggs in a medium bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add in the cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to distribute the balls of dough onto the parchment paper, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once done baking and removed from the oven, the cookies will be very soft.
- Make sure to let them cool on the sheet for ~10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack for cool for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container.