Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, and also contains affiliate links. Shopping through these links helps support my small business. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Mother’s Day is often spent celebrating with family over a lavish brunch or dinner, or maybe Mom prefers a little ‘me-time’ at the salon or spa. Whatever Mother’s Day has been like for you and your family in the past, this year is undoubtedly going to be different. There are no restaurants open to have an enjoyable sit-down meal with your loved ones, and no spas open for a facial or massage, but Mom still deserves a little something special to give her a break from this quarantine life we’re all living.
The Stay-At-Home Mother’s Day Gift Guide
Whether you’re looking for gift recommendations for the Mothers in your life or for yourself — because there is nothing wrong about treating yourself for this holiday — here are a couple ideas for a beautiful and memorable Stay-At-Home Mother’s Day.
Create a DIY Spa Day
Fill up a bubble bath, light a candle, pour a glass of champagne, and let all your worries go. Post-bath, it’s time for a facial, manicure and pedicure. Here are a few must-have items to make this at-home spa day as relaxing and invigorating as possible:
- Start the day with a little meditation and yoga. Using a Matrix Mat can help improve your at-home practice, whether you’re just starting out or have been practicing yoga for years. The gridlines on the mat assist with alignment, the 4 mirror quadrants help with symmetry, and the numbered coordinates increase awareness. There are three different mat materials, and they come in a variety of beautiful colors and patterns. Get free shipping with the code TBB442.
- Fill the tub with Chakra Balancing Bath Bombs or Bath Salts sold on NY Bulk Market, an online farmer’s market that sells handcrafted, sustainable products made by small businesses in the U.S. with real ingredients you know and can pronounce. Shop and save 20% with the code THANKSBABE.
- Candles can help set the mood. You might only think of jewelry when you hear Kendra Scott, but you should check out the beautiful candles too. They are made with a premium soy wax blend, and come in a variety of scents. Obviously check out the jewelry once you’re there too. Click here to shop and get 20% off.
- Give yourself a “facelift in a jar.” Environ Skin Care’s award-winning Focus Care Youth+ Revival Masque uses a combination of three ingredients that enhance the skin’s overall look and feel, as well as resilience. This masque leaves the skin feeling smoother and looking younger with a healthy radiance. Visit Life of Skin and register for an account in order to purchase this medicinal skincare product. Save 20% with the code MOTHERS20.
- Manicures and pedicures are easy to do yourself when you don’t have to worry about any dry time. Color Street has the cutest patterns and designs, for both fingers and toes, and plenty of solid colors to choose from too — there is even a French manicure option! There is currently a Buy 3 Get 1 Free promotion for all solid colors, glitter and nail art designs, and Buy One Get One for the French Manicure.
Host Brunch At Home
And you can even invite friends and family! Coming together for a virtual meal is a great way to still get to see each other while maintaining social distancing. Prepare a menu for your family or order from a local restaurant that is offering Mother’s Day specials). Get dressed up and set the table — including your laptops or phones so you can easily use Zoom or FaceTime to see everyone you’ve invited to brunch. Here are a few ideas to help you plan the perfect Mother’s Day Brunch at home:
- Choose wine ahead of time to pair with your dishes. Here are five brunch wines that’ll go perfectly with your spread. Join WTSO – Wines ‘Til Sold Out for premium selections — because Mom deserves the best — at great prices. You can also save $10 on your purchase of $50 or more with code TAKEABITE20.
- Make sure to order a couple bottles of bubbly so you can make these frozen bellinis, the ultimate brunch cocktail.
- Build a cheese and charcuterie board filled with all of Mom’s favorite things to kick off the celebration.
- Of course, you’ll also need a gift to surprise Mom with during brunch. Treat her to a piece of customized jewelry. Dune Jewelry specializes in creating Experiential Jewelry® using high quality materials from around the world to capture your most meaningful experiences, favorite adventures and precious memories. Each piece is individually handcrafted with sand and natural elements from your favorite beach, trail, ballpark, mountaintop, golf course and more. Save 10% when you shop with the code TAKEABITE.
If an elaborate plan isn’t your style or Mom prefers things a little more low-key, keep these suggestions listed above in mind for individual gifts. Here’s a quick breakdown with links and current specials and promotions:
- Matrix Mat Yoga Mat — Free shipping with the code TBB442
- NW Bulk Market Chakra Balancing Bath Bombs and Bath Salts — THANKSBABE for 20% off
- Kendra Scott Candles (and jewelry too!) — Simply use this link to get 20% off
- Environ Skin Care Revival Masque — MOTHERS20 for 20% off
- Color Street Dry Nail Art — Buy Three Get One for all solid, glitter and designs. Buy One Get One for French manicure
- WTSO Wine — TAKEABITE20 for $10 off $50+
- Dune Jewelry Customized Jewelry — TAKEABITE for 10% off