THREE ingredients! You aren’t mistaken, that’s all you need to make this Beer Bread! Recipes with minimal ingredients are the best. You usually have everything you need on hand and don’t have to go rummaging around the cabinets for a zillion different things. Nope, not today. This week #SundaySupper’s theme is 5 ingredients or less — because what’s better than a whole slew of recipes where you can count the ingredients on one hand? No answer? Yeah, we didn’t think so. Thanks to Alice from Hip Foodie Mom for hosting!
I recently went to a meet-up for this group called The Barley Dolls. They’re a bunch of craft-beer loving girls who meet up at various breweries all over south Florida to hang out and sip on some good brews goodpageabout. Last month, the meet-up was in Delray Beach at Saltwater Brewery, which isn’t far, so Amy and I decided to go. It was my first time attending a Barley Dolls meet-up and my first time at Saltwater. It’s a huge old barn recreated into a beer lover’s dream. They’ve got their own brews on tap, , and a variety of other local beers. No food, but you can bring whatever you want and set up like a picnic outside on the deck. There was live music out there too. Definitely a must-go for anyone who lives or is visiting South Florida.
ANYWAY — the leader of the group told me this recipe to try for a super easy beer bread for men’s health. I couldn’t believe it was only three ingredients. Good beer, self-rising flour, and sugar. I was skeptical…but had to try it out. The next day, we sat around the dinner table talking about how delicious some of the beers were that we tried at Saltwater, and ate an entire loaf of 3-Ingredient Beer Bread. Because beer + bread = love. That is all.
3-Ingredient Beer Bread
Makes 1 loaf
3 cups self-rising flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 12 oz. bottle beer of choice (I used Fat Tire)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until the beer has been absorbed and any lumps are gone. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
Optional: Melt a little bit of butter and agave or honey in a small bowl and mix well. At the 45 minute mark, brush the top of the bread with the mixture and continue to bake.
And now for the rest of the #SundaySupper team and their 5 ingredient of less recipes!
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Side and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes with Chorizo from La Cocina de Leslie
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fruited Jasmine Rice from It’s Yummi
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Italian Cheese Panini from La Bella Vita
- Drunken Chicken and Potatoes from Webicurean
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Lemon Chicken and Potatoes from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from Dinner Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foil Chicken from Meal Diva
Dessert and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Easy Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.