Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Toss this 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing with your favorite salad fixings, or break out the veggies and dip your heart out!
I bet I’m not the only one who loves when you find a recipe with very easy instructions, especially if it also has a super short ingredient list to go along with it. That’s the idea behind all of our recipes today for #SundaySupper — 5 Ingredients or Less. Today’s event is hosted by T.R. of Gluten Free Crumbley — thanks! It’s pretty awesome to see all of the creative things we’ve come up with today using a maximum of 5 ingredients. Of course, water, oil, salt and pepper don’t count — that would just be cruel!
During my most recent trip back to New Jersey, my best friend Jordan and I went to a restaurant in Atlantic City for an early dinner. It was a gorgeous day and perfect weather to spend our afternoon outside on the bay. We got their signature Mason Jar cocktail, the Bob Marley (sweet tea vodka, lemonade and mint) and noshed on yummy crab potato skins. Jordan ordered a Cobb Salad that came with this Avocado-Ranch dressing and we both pretty much fell in love with it. I dipped my shrimp into it, slathered it on top of the potato skins and probably would have sipped it straight from the little plastic container if no one was around. I vowed to recreate this when I got back home. Except when I went into the pantry, I was missing most of the ingredients to make homemade ranch dressing and I didn’t want to buy it from the store. Instead, I used what I had and made my own 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing with a super ripe avocado, plain nonfat Greek yogurt, a little apple cider vinegar, dried cilantro, dried diced jalapeno and a tiny bit of water to thin it out a bit.
It may not have been the same avocado ranch dressing I wanted to bathe in just about two weeks ago, but it sure was tasty. It’s perfect for a refreshing summer salad or dipping your favorite veggies. I even think it’d be awesome smeared on a crusty loaf of bread or drizzled on top of fish tacos. Look out for recipes using this delicious 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing coming soon!
For now, just go make it and store it in the refrigerator in Tupperware, or a salad dressing shaker like the one from OXO that you see here. It only takes 5 ingredients and not even 5 minutes of your time.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tsp dried cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 cup water
- Place avocado, Greek yogurt, vinegar and dried herbs in a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Add water slowly and continue pulsing until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Let’s see what my #SundaySupper crew has for you today. Remember — everything is made with 5 ingredients or less!
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Peach Salsa by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Zucchini and Goat Cheese Roll Ups by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade by MealDiva
- Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes by Momma’s Meals
- Homemade Porcini Almond Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel & Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Nutella BLT Sandwich by Brunch with Joy
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Simple Summer Shrimp and Asparagus by eating in instead
- Skirt Steak and Grilled Potatoes for a Crowd by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Creamy Coconut, Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Popsicles by Simply Health Family
- Recipe Substitution Tips by Sunday Supper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.