Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Disclosure: Thank you to Reese Specialty Foods for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Artichoke Piccata Deviled Eggs include all the flavors of your favorite piccata dish in a fun, bite-sized appetizer.
Who’s ready for another delicious artichoke-inspired recipe? If my Spinach and Artichoke Parmesan Pasta Bake didn’t get you excited enough about Reese Specialty Foods new artichoke sauces, than these Artichoke Piccata Deviled Eggs are sure to do the trick! Over the past year, deviled eggs have become one of my favorite things to eat. Traditionally, the egg yolk is mixed with mayonnaise and dijon. Today, we’re spicing things up with the help of artichokes, capers, garlic and basil. But the best part? You don’t need these individual ingredients, because they are all in one jar of Reese Specialty Foods Artichoke Piccata Sauce.
Not a fan of mayo? Perfect — we don’t use it at all in this recipe. If you’re looking for more nutritious ingredient replacements since the start of the new year, you should know that artichokes are packed with antioxidants and have zero cholesterol. The sauce is super low in carbohydrates and sugar, and has 45% of your daily value of Vitamin C. Keeping with the healthy-ingredient-replacement trend, we’re also using plain, non-fat Greek yogurt.
Deviled eggs make great party appetizers, snacks, or even lunch or dinner when paired with a nice salad or vegetable side. Artichoke Piccata Deviled Eggs are a cinch to make. All you have to do is mix together the egg yolk with Artichoke Piccata sauce and the yogurt, and voila — your filling is complete. If you don’t have a frosting tip set or piping bag, feel free to just use a spoon to scoop the filling into the egg halves. It may not look that pretty, but it’ll still taste delicious!
- 18 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup Reese Specialty Foods Artichoke Piccata Sauce
- 1/4 plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Smoked paprika
- Slice each hard-boiled egg in half and scoop out the yolk into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Artichoke Piccata sauce and Greek yogurt to the bowl and use an electric mixer to combine until smooth and creamy.
- Use a piping bag (or your device of choice used for frosting cookies, cupcakes, etc.) to pipe the mixture into the hollowed-out eggs.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.