Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Smooth and creamy avocado slices, coated and baked in the oven, are the perfect summer entertaining snack. You’ll love these Baked Avocado Fries with Chipotle-Cilantro Pesto Dip! #DareToEntertain
The best thing about summer? Getting together with friends to celebrate the warm weather (or rather, warm-ER weather here in South Florida), which means plenty of reasons for good food and drinks! I love a good excuse to whip up a batch of something delicious to serve my friends and family. Not only does it give me total happiness and pleasure to see smiles upon their faces when they take their first bite, but it gives me the opportunity to create something for the blog. That’s how these Baked Avocado Fries with Chipotle-Cilantro Pesto Dip came about. Remember my love affair with the avocado fries at Cabo Flats? I made a promise to myself that I would recreate a baked version of these at home, and of course, share them with my fry-loving friend, Jill. And the pesto dip? That was almost an accident… A very, very, very good accident. Oh, and ps- there is NO cheese used in the pesto dip, so it’s great for anyone who is a dairy-free.
Instead of Panko-breading and frying the avocado slices, I used Dare Breton Original Crackers for the coating and baked ’em in the oven until nice and crispy. All you need are SIX ingredients — avocado, eggs, Dare Crackers, chipotle powder, garlic powder, and cooking spray. That’s it! Whether prepping for an extravagant party or an impromptu get-together, Dare’s variety of crisp crackers are sure to make each bite better — especially when the recipe is as easy as this one!
There are lots of great ways to use Dare’s complete collection of crackers that are loaded with crunch and packed with flavor. Get inventive and create fun summer canapés or lite-bite appetizers and dining options for your summer entertaining. Some yummy topping ideas for Dare Crackers are smoked salmon and cucumber slices, goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, or hummus and feta. But these Baked Avocado Fries use Dare Crackers in a whole new way!
Okay — no more talking about these Baked Avocado Fries, let’s make ’em!
- For the Baked Avocado Fries:
- 2 avocados, medium ripe, sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 sleeve of Dare Breton Original Crackers
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- For the Chipotle Cilantro Pesto Dip:
- 1/2 cup roasted honey chipotle almonds (if you can’t find this flavor, use regular roasted almonds and add chipotle powder and small amount honey, I do not know what the exact measurements would be so you may have to add a little at a time and taste)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To make the Baked Avocado Fries:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the Dare Crackers to a food processor and pulse until they become a fine crumb and pour crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Add beaten eggs to another shallow dish.
- Dip the avocado wedges into egg with one hand and then place into the bowl with the crushed crackers.
- Use your other hand to completely coat the avocado and arrange onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue the process with the remaining wedges of avocado.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and flip each piece of avocado onto its other side.
- Continue baking for another 5 minutes.
- To make the Chipotle Cilantro Pesto Dip:
- Add almonds, cilantro leaves, garlic, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil (and chipotle and honey if applicable) into a food processor and pulse until it reaches your desired consistency.
- It should be on the thicker side, but if you want to thin it out, add water a little bit at a time.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.