Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Just another Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe you’ll be glad to add to your repertoire. Moist and filled with gooey chocolate chips, this is one banana bread you’ll want to eat for breakfast and dessert!
Everyone loves Banana Bread, am I right? There are so many recipes out there for banana bread — ones with peanut butter or Nutella, ones with chocolate chips and ones without, ones with walnuts and ones with pecans. I could go on forever. It’s one of the most popular quick breads and isn’t picky about when it likes to be eaten. Breakfast? Sure! Brunch? Definitely! Afternoon snack? Why not? Dessert? Duh!
I recently moved again — this time I’m living with my really good friend Trish. Her first request when I moved in? Banana bread! Actually, she requested this when we first starting planning for my move. Once I was all settled into the house, I had some banana bread making to do!
I don’t have my own go-to banana bread recipe, so I turned to one of my favorite bloggers — Sally’s Baking Addiction! You guys may remember these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies I made a couple years ago for Valentine’s Day and the Confetti Cake Mix Cookies I made during Christmas. Yeah, Sally’s pretty epic when it comes to cake mix cookies, but she also has a recipe for the Best Ever Banana Bread, and I mean, how can you really pass up trying a recipe with that kind of title?
Instead of nuts, I opted for chocolate chips. I don’t particularly like nuts in my desserts — especially not in my banana bread. Chocolate chips, please! I loaded up the batter with those little chocolate morsels and studded the top with even more once it was poured into the loaf pan. There is definitely no shortage of chocolate in this Banana Chocolate Chip Bread! I also didn’t make her cream cheese frosting. The chocolate chips were enough sweet for me.
- 2 cups ap flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Add mashed banana and Greek yogurt and mix on medium until well combined.
- Use a silicone spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Add additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Return to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.