Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
No flour. No oil. No butter. This Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Bread is a sneaky way to get in another serving of veggies — for dessert!
Zucchini is everywhere this season. While some people are spiralizing, stuffing and sautéing their bounty of green squash, I chose to shred it and bake it into a moist, dessert-friendly loaf of bread. I paired it with chocolate and coconut for a seemingly decadent treat, but it’s really not that bad for you at all! This is a flourless and dairy-free recipe, with no added sugar! Creamy almond butter comes together with unsweetened cocoa powder, melted dark chocolate, vanilla bean paste and agave to create a silky smooth batter that looks good enough to eat. After folding in the shredded zucchini and coconut, the aromas of chocolate, coconut and zucchini blended together and I practically threw it into the oven so I wouldn’t be tempted to try the raw batter!
My Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Bread traveled all the way to California! I was paired up with Ginger from Stark Raving Delicious for #LeftoversClub. We’ve sent each other goodies before — she got my Spiked Eggnog Cupcakes and I got her Almond and Sugar Cutout Cookies. I hope she’s okay with this little bit of healthy decadence coming her way!
Want to join the #LeftoversClub? We’ve got a great group of loyal bloggers who virtually get together every month to share treats with one another. We just started adding a theme, and September is Back to School! Adding a slice of Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Bread to your child’s lunchbox is a great way to sneak in some veggies. Just tell them it’s chocolate coconut bread! They’ll never know! 😉
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1.75 oz dark chocolate bar, melted
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and drained
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine almond butter, cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla bean paste, agave and melted chocolate in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, baking soda and salt and mix well
- Fold in the zucchini and coconut and pour batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserting into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Click here to join the club!