Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
The Greek Yogurt Waldorf Salad is a healthier take on the classic salad of chopped apples, celery, grapes and walnuts tossed with a creamy mayonnaise dressing.
Do you ever go out to eat and come home super inspired to make whatever it was you ate? This just happened at the most unlikely of places — Ruby Tuesday’s. When you’re looking for a quick, healthy-ish dinner, Ruby Tuesday’s salad bar is where it’s at. My favorite part about it is the big bowl of edamame — I pile that on top of my salads like crazy.
This particular night, there was also a Waldorf Salad option at the bar — you know the iconic salad of apples, grapes, celery, and walnuts tossed in a creamy mayonnaise dressing. Even with my aversion to mayo, I still tried the salad…and liked it! But I knew I wanted to recreate it using Greek yogurt instead of mayo.
Although this salad is full of good-for-you ingredients, adding in that mayo-laden dressing kind of negates the whole idea that this salad is healthy. By using fat free Greek yogurt, you’re slashing fat and calories way down and making this salad a truly healthy option.
Side note: Use the crispest apples you can find when making this Greek Yogurt Waldorf Salad — the crunch makes such a difference. I used a mix of Honeycrisp and Granny Smith.
- 2 cups toasted walnuts
- 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet stevia
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 medium Honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 3 large celery stalks, small diced
- 2 cups red grapes, quartered
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Arrange walnuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Set the oven to Hi Broil and allow walnuts to toast for about 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully because they can go from slight browning to totally burnt in a matter of seconds! You want the walnuts to have a light browned coating.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, stevia and lemon juice and set aside.
- Combine apples, celery, grapes, dried cranberries and toasted walnuts in a large bowl.
- Add the prepared yogurt and mix well. Serve cold.