Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
You’re not afraid of a little heat, are you? I hope not — these Kicked Up Chocolate Truffles are combined with organic chocolate made with unique flavors of the Andes. A little chili in your chocolate never hurt anyone!
Today we’re celebrating little balls of chocolate — yes, today is National Truffle Day! I’m partnering with Pacari Chocolate, a line of premium organic chocolate, to bring you these tasty Kicked Up Chocolate Truffles. Pacari is the first single-origin organic chocolate entirely made in Ecuador, but lucky for me, the sales rep is right here in Boca! I’m super excited to introduce you to this delicious line of organic chocolate with carefully selected ingredients that are 100% organic and produced according to fair and equitable standards. Each single-region, raw and specialty chocolate product is crafted to maintain the complex flavor profile of the Arriba Nacional cacao bean. The company partners directly with small-scale cacao growers to preserve their traditional way of farming, safeguarding the biodiversity of cacao in Ecuador. I’m glad to be working with such a great company!
These Kicked Up Chocolate Truffles are the first of many recipes to come using Pacari Chocolate. I’ve got a cabinet full of chocolate products to use! Cacao powder, cacao butter, chocolate chips, cacao nibs, chocolate-covered cacao nibs, and so many incredible flavored chocolate bars.
I wanted to be able to show how intense this dark chocolate flavor is without masking it behind other ingredients. A simple mixture of chopped Pacari Merken-Chili Organic Chocolate Bar, Pacari Cacao Butter, and milk creates a smooth and creamy combination ready to turn into truffles! Instead of rolling the truffles into balls with my own hands — that can get pretty messy — I kept things neat and simple by pouring the mixture into a silicone chocolate mold to make fun shapes. Half-circles, hearts, squares, rectangles — it’s fun to play with chocolate!
Enjoy National Truffle Day with a few good pieces of chocolate — and make sure to follow Pacari Chocolate on Instagram and Twitter for updates. You can also order Pacari Chocolate right from their website too!
- 6 oz. Pacari Merken-Chili Organic Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Pacari Organic Cacao Butter
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
- Heat butter and milk in a small pot over medium heat.
- Stir until melted and remove from heat.
- Add chocolate to the pot and let sit for 2-3.
- Use a silicone spatula to stir the mixture until it creates a smooth, creamy consistency.
- If you are using chocolate molds:
- Transfer the mixture into a large measuring cup or any vessel with a small spout.
- Pour the mixture into the molds. Freeze for at least 4 hours before popping out the shapes.
- If rolling truffles by hand:
- Pour mixture into a shallow baking dish and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of the chocolate mix and roll into 1½-inch balls.
- Once all the balls have been rolled, freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Keep in tupperware in the freezer when not in use.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Pacari Chocolate. All product information has been provided by the sponsor. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.