Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Mediterranean Herbed Spaghetti Squash is the answer to low carb deliciousness! Flavors of basil, oregano, garlic and bell pepper swirl throughout strands of spaghetti squash and highlight the complimenting tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach with a salty sprinkling of feta to round it all out.
Ever since discovering the amazingness that is spaghetti squash, I love the idea of throwing it together with a bunch of other veggies and dousing it in some kind of sauce, pesto or just tons of good, solid seasoning. Not only is it super easy to prepare, but one squash makes quite a big portion. If you’re like me, cooking for one, it’ll take you through a few meals. I also really love spaghetti squash because it’s like eating pasta without all the carbs and calories! Yayy!
One of my favorite styles of cuisine is Mediterranean. The flavors are incredible and pretty versatile too. You can find Mediterranean options all over the board — fish, meat, chicken, and plenty of vegetarian options too. Basil, garlic and oregano is my go-to combination when I’m cooking. There’s something about those three herbs that marry so well together and really give a blast of flavor to whatever they touch. When I received Gourmet Garden’s new Mediterranean Seasoning blend, I was super excited to put it to work. It’s a blend of fresh basil, oregano, garlic, bell peppers and olive oil — the perfect mix of ingredients for any dish inspired by this part of the world, especially my Mediterranean Herbed Spaghetti Squash.
The spaghetti squash is mixed generously with the seasoning mix and tossed with sautéed spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes — some of my other favorite veggies to use when going for that Mediterranean theme. It took me less than a half hour to prepare and serve this Mediterranean Herbed Spaghetti Squash, which is crucial on nights when you don’t feel like doing a whole big thing for dinner. Obviously you have to add feta — and a lot of it — because that’s the best part. I’m a feta fan. You totally should be too.
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 2-3 tbsp Gourmet Garden Mediterranean Seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. baby spinach leaves
- crumbled feta cheese
- Pierce the spaghetti squash with a fork and place in a glass baking dish. Microwave for 10 minutes.
- While the squash is in the microwave, heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add mushrooms and saute for 1-2 minutes before adding the spinach and tomato. Reduce to medium heat and cover. Cook until spinach has wilted.
- Slice open the spaghetti squash and scoop out the seeds and “mushy” inside. Scrape out all of the spaghetti-like strands and place into a medium mixing bowl. Add Mediterranean seasoning and mix well. Add the cooked mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes. Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post nor has there been any compensation. Gourmet Garden provided me with product but I was not required to write a post or use it in a recipe. All opinions are my own.