Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate — a dish highlighting some of fall’s best veggies, so perfectly flavorful and filling it can serve a main dish!
I don’t know about you, but I can certainly make a meal out of vegetables. In fact, I usually do. I’m perfectly content with a bowl full of roasted Brussels sprouts, a colorful carrot salad, or baked eggplant and tomato stacks. #SundaySupper is celebrating vegetables today — I couldn’t be more excited for our theme this week, Veggies as a Main Dish, because well, veggies usually are my main dish!
With Thanksgiving behind us and the holiday season under way, food is on all of our minds, especially if you are in charge of hosting dinner parties for your friends and family. Veggies are easy to incorporate into side dishes and appetizers — but as the main dish? Many people often overlook all the brilliant and delicious ways you can highlight vegetables in every course, not just as an accompaniment to meat, poultry, or seafood. I sometimes find that a veggie side can also play the part of a main entree if you include the right ingredients.
Take this Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate — soft, delicate butternut squash is paired with hearty Brussels and given texture and crunch from sweet and tart pomegranate seeds. We’ve also drizzled in some pomegranate glaze — and, for extra flavor, I sprinkled a little bit of Intensity Academy’s Honey Hype (one of my favorite products I brought home from last summer’s #FWCon). I wanted this dish to be as bright and colorful as it is flavorful, so I roasted up some red cabbage as well. I originally wanted to use radicchio, but came across the cabbage first. I’ve never roasted red cabbage before and wanted to give it a shot. Who knew it would be so delicious?! It’s still slightly crisp, but also a bit wilted. As with any vegetable, roasting brings out its inner sweetness — a perfect marriage to the other ingredients in the dish.
Although I brought my Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate to Thanksgiving dinner as a side dish (that everyone loved), I could easily polish off a bowl of this on its own for lunch or dinner.
- 1 large butternut squash, diced into small cubes
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 1/2 medium red cabbage, slice into 1/2-inch square pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp Intensity Academy Honey Hype (or spice mix of your choice)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pomegranate glaze
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange the cubed butternut squared, sliced Brussels sprouts, and sliced cabbage on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Honey Hype spice mix.
- Toss the vegetables until well-combined with the oil and spices.
- Roasted for 30-35 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven and place into a serving dish.
- Toss with pomegranate seeds and glaze.
- Keep warm until serving.
I can’t wait to see what kind of veggie dishes my #SundaySupper friends have today!
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan by The Crumby Cupcake
- Butternut Squash Kale Lasagna by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Crème Fraîche and Fried Sage Leaves by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Veggie Bake by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Eggplant Rollatini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Eggplant Rollatini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Flourless Oatmeal Nutella Pumpkin Muffins by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grandma Pizza with Dried Tomatoes by Get the Good Stuff!
- Greek Stuffed Baked Zucchini by The Weekend Gourmet
- Harissa-Roasted Vegetables with Couscous by Caroline’s Cooking
- Moroccan-style Lentil Chickpea Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Mushroom and Goat Cheese Tart by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Polenta with Aged Gouda, Chard & Wild Mushrooms by 30A Eats
- Portobello Stack by The Freshman Cook
- Pumpkin Cake Cheesecake by gotta get baked
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Roasted Potato and Spinach Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Shiitake Mushrooms with a Balsamic Glaze Over Polenta by Fearless Dining
- Stuffed Butternut Squash by Life Tastes Good
- Vegan Sandwich with Fresh Veggies by Healing Tomato
- Vegetable Pizza by Feeding Big and more
- Vegetable Strudel by Palatable Pastime
- Vegetarian Chili by Wholistic Woman
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.