Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox.
I made you some Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, just in time for BBQ and Pool Party Season! Get ready to sizzle in these tasty Thai spices and then cool down with a refreshing glass of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato.
Thai is one of my absolute favorite cuisines. I still crave Pad Thai for days even after I’ve just inhaled an entire platter of it. I love all of the spices and colorful ingredients that marry together so perfectly on a plate. These Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps combine all of those things — beautiful yellow and orange bell peppers, striking red cherry tomatoes, bright green cucumbers nutty sesame oil, salty soy sauce and citrusy lime juice are met with a little bit of sweet brown sugar and spicy red chili flakes. One thing is for sure, we’re definitely going to need a light, sweet glass of wine to tame that heat! Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato is the perfect pairing for spicy Thai flavors. Although I prefer the white variety, I bet their Red Moscato would work well too.
Not only are these Gallo Family Vineyards wines perfect for pairing with these Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, but they are ideal for any of the BBQs and potlucks you’ll be enjoying all summer long. Sweet wine and summer go hand in hand, especially here in South Florida, where the temperature is always dialed way up! All the more excuse to go outside and take advantage of all the beautiful weather. There is nothing I enjoy more during the summer (or any time of year) than getting together with friends and family over food and drinks. These are the makings of great memories. Lately I’ve been reminded how important it is to spend time with the people you love and cherish every moment. Maybe that’s why food and wine have such meaning to me — they can bring people together, they can bring a smile to someone’s face, and they can bring warmth to your heart.
Hosting a BBQ or potluck is super easy, especially with the help of Gallo Family Vineyards wines’ inspirational post all about Backyard BBQ and Potlucks. I like to try to prep as much as I can the day before or the morning of the party so I can be with my guests as much as possible. Like I mentioned, spending time with the important people in our lives should be top priority!
Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps don’t require much work at all! Just a little bit of veggie chopping here, sauce whisking there, and mixing everything together on a bed of Bibb Lettuce. Easy peasy! Now all you need to do is answer the door when your friends arrive, pour everyone a glass of refreshing Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato and make your way to the back porch to soak in the summertime love.
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 lb cooked and peeled salad shrimp
- 1 small yellow and orange bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and small diced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, oil, brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add shrimp, bell peppers, cucumber and tomato and toss well.
- To serve, scoop mixture into the center of a large Bibb lettuce leaf.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Not sure where to find Gallo Family Vineyards wines? Check out their Store Locator to see if any of your local stores carry it. Don’t forget to follow Gallo Family on Social Media! Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
Now for more delicious recipes for your Backyard BBQs and Potluck parties from my #SundaySupper family!
- Buffalo Bread by Feed Me, Seymour
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Creamy Asparagus Puffs by Brunch with Joy
- Bibimbap Bar by kimchi MOM
- Chicken Satay by Curious Cuisiniere
- Citrus Grilled Chicken Under a Brick by Nosh My Way
- Garlicky Sirloin Steak For A Crowd by Family Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad Sandwiches by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Grilled Mediterranean Salmon Burgers with Tzatziki by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Sides and Salads:
- Bacon Strawberry and Farro Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Balsamic Blueberry Salad by Alida’s Kitchen
- Caprese Pasta Salad by One Sweet Mess
- Grilled Rainbow Potato Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Spicy Watermelon Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Tortellini Salad by Magnolia Days
- Coconut Shortcakes with Grilled Pineapple by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Frozen Root Beer Float Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Grilled Peaches with Brioche by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- S’more Cookie Cups by Desserts Required
BBQ Helpful Info:
- 5 Tips for Using BBQ Sauce by Sunday Supper Movement
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.