Never miss a bite! Sign up here to receive new recipes and reviews straight to your inbox
Disclosure: Thank you to Stonyfield and Simply Organic for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
All the best parts of a taco combined together in one tasty dip! This Six-Layer Vegetarian Taco Dip features two special ingredients from Stonyfield and Simply Organic.
There’s a new yogurt in town, and it’s thicker, creamier and more luscious than ever. Stonyfield has introduced its newest product, Double Cream plain yogurt. Double Cream contains a higher fat content than any of the brand’s other whole milk yogurts, making it an ideal substitute for oil, mayo, buttermilk, butter or sour cream in cooking and baking. Stonyfield products are totally free from toxic persistent pesticides or GMO’s, making them good for you and the environment. Double Cream is also USDA organic, pasture-raised, kosher certified and gluten-free. So how are we using Stonyfield’s Double Cream plain yogurt today? Ohhh, just you wait…
Sour cream is a pretty traditional ingredient when making tacos, and most taco dips include it as well. But not this one! We’re using the Double Cream! That smooth, creamy consistency of the yogurt really makes this dip stand out from others. But there’s one more secret to what makes this Six-Layer Vegetarian Taco Dip better than any other taco dip, and that’s Simply Organic‘s Ground Cumin! Cumin is found in a lot of Mexican cooking so I added a sprinkling for a pop of that well-known taco flavor.
This is one of the easiest recipes ever. I took a couple short cuts, purchasing pre-made pico de gallo and guacamole, but you could certainly choose to make your own from scratch. It’s six layers of deliciousness — Stonyfield Double Cream, guacamole, black beans seasoned with Simply Organic Ground Cumin, pico de gallo, lettuce and a blend of Mexican-style cheeses. Go ahead, I know you’re already opening a bag of tortilla chips ready to get your dip on. You’ll go back for bite after bite of this delicious combination of ingredients. Make sure to dig deep and get a little of each layer. I’d recommended a sturdy chip so it doesn’t break in the dip! 😉
Switch things up for your next taco night, and serve Six-Layer Vegetarian Taco Dip instead!
- 1 cup cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ~1 tsp Simply Organic Ground Cumin
- 1 1/4 cup Stonyfield Organic Double Cream Plain Yogurt
- (1) 16 oz. container of guacamole
- (1) 12 oz. container pico de gallo/salsa
- About one handful of shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups Mexican-blend cheese
- Toss the rinsed and drained black beans with cumin and set aside. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- In a glass 8×8 container, layer each of the following ingredients in order: double cream yogurt, guacamole, black beans, pico de gallo, lettuce, cheese
- Keep refrigerated until serving.